Welcome to Apex Cycle Education, Virginia and Washington, DC's Leading Source for
2 & 3-Wheel Motorcycle Safety Training, Licensing/Education and On-Street, In-Traffic Training!
"Why We Ride" Give the Gift of Motorcycle Safety. Upcoming classes are posted. Check your favorite location or type of training!
Apex is Certified by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation(MSF), Evergreen Safety Council (ESC), and Total Control Training.
Licensed by the Virginia DMV. Contracted by the Maryland MVA. Approved Motorcycle Skill Test Waiver for DC.
One Year Anniversary Party
H-D of Quantico, Dumfries, VA
Saturday, October 25
Click on the picture above for more information about vendors and events. Apex will be in attendance to answer questions/offer discounts on various training opportunities to attendees.
- Exceptional First-Class Service
- Privately-Run Program
- MSF, Total Control, and Evergreen Safety Council Curricula
Riding Refresher, On-Street, In-Traffic, Advanced, Scooter, and Trike/SidecarTraining Programs
- DMV Waiver (waives BOTH written and riding tests for VA; riding test for DC)
- If you hold a Driver's License in any other jurisdiction, e.g. CA, NC, PA, WV, etc. in the U.S., or any foreign country, PLEASE contact the office issuing your license for information about training requirements waiving motorcycle license testing for that jurisdiction
- Motorcycle License Waiver Classes for Maryland licensees must be taken in Maryland, only; NOT Virginia!
- Readily Available Classes; Easy Online Registration
- See "Course Descriptions" above for more information about Apex classes
- Convenient Locations
- Minimum Age: 15 1/2, VA; 15 yrs 9 months, MD; 16 yrs. DC.
- Hand Selected RiderCoaches
- Temporary 30-Day M Class License -- VA licensed drivers age 19 and older ONLY
Coleman PowerSports, Woodbridge
Saturday, October 25
Click on the picture directly above for more information. Apex representatives will be on site assisting with Demo Rides. Ask them about Apex courses and how to qualify for discounted training opportunities!
BMW Demo Rides
Morton's BMW, Fredericksburg
Saturday, October 18
Click on the picture above for more information! Stop by and talk with us about discounted training opportunities available to attendees at this event.
Apex Cycle Education offers the Basic RiderCourse
every weekend from March through November. Click on a Location to your left for specific information about class registration at that location.
Apex Cycle Education offers Gift Certificates. Give the gift of Motorcycle Safety Training!
Click on the Events tab above to find us out in the community.
Paying a visit will provide some special opportunities!
Please note: Friday evening Classroom begins promptly at 6pm.
Students arriving after the start of instruction are subject to non-admittance. Check your confirmation email for other training course start times.
1. How much does it cost? (See retail prices below. Join Apex at Motorcycle Dealer Events in the community for training discounts!)
The Basic RiderCourse is $349 ($270 in Fredericksburg). Your tuition includes everything you will need from start to finish: Training Motorcycle, Helmets for most head sizes (Small-XXL), Glove assortment to pick from if you forget to bring a pair, and classroom materials. The cost for Jump Start and the Basic Course Refresher/Skills Practice is $135;
Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic: $325, Sidecar/Trike Training: $349, and On-Street, In-Traffic Training: $349.
Former Apex Students contact the office for tuition discounts.
2. When can I register?
The 2014 training calendar is available, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call during office hours if we can help you over the phone. If you are a Gift Certificate holder, and want to take a class early in the next season, you need to contact the office as soon as the classes become available.! Those initial classes fill quickly.
3. Do you have any availability?
See the "Locations" sidebar on the left side of this page for your preferred location or type of training. Click on the link that interests you and scroll down the page that opens to check for dates and availability.
4. Do I need a permit?
You do not need a motorcycle permit to take the licensing courses. You
DO need to meet the mimimum age and DMV/MVA licensing/permit requirements, AND provide a photo ID the first night of class. For all of the other classes please check out the respective "Course Description" from the tabs just below the banner at the top of this page.
5. Where are you located?
We have locations in Fairfax, Fredericksburg, Manassas, and Woodbridge, VA. Place your cursor over the Directions Tab. Pick your preferred location from the drop-down menu. Click on your location for the specific address and directions. Scroll down the Directions Page for a site map of the location.