Available to Motorcycles of Charlotte Spring Rally Registrants ONLY!
Friday Evening: 8 pm, overview/orientation to the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's Street Rider Course, focus on Advanced Cycle Training, and expectations for the Dual Sport ride.
Saturday Morning: 8:30 am meet in Iron Horse Lodge dining area for motorcycle safety check, rider/motorcycle documentation and acceptable riding gear.
Students must provide the motorcycle to be used for this training and all required riding gear. This session is a Dual-Sport event.It will have some dirt/gravel/unimproved route segments. NEED some experience off-road!
Located at Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge, Stecoah, NC
Street Legal; Proof of Registration and Insurance; Written Permission of Motorcycle Owner if not owned by Student; Pass Instructor Visual, Safety Inspection.
Must be a licensed, motorcycle operator.
Required Riding Gear: Protective clothing includes....
- Full-face helmet (modular/flip-up helmets acceptable)
- Motorcycle riding jacket (motorcycle riding mesh jacket is OK),
- Motorcycle riding pants (kevlar jeans, leather chaps or over pants are OK),
- Full-fingered gloves (preferably leather), and
- Sturdy,over-the-ankle footwear.
Optional Riding Gear:
For rain/inclement weather (class conducted rain or shine)
Course offered only in English.